For the last 2 years we were honored and ecstatic to partner up with STEP and power the official event app for STEP Conference 2016 and 2015, we collaborated on giving our awesome and techy users the best attendance experience anyone can think of. And it was more than a blast! From networking to motivating, the STEP 2016 Conference was a success on all levels.
And now we’re back at it again with STEP Conference 2017, for the third year in a row, launching some pretty amazing new features and updates to make your STEP experience unforgettable. Stay tuned for our announcement next week.
We thought we’d give you a head’s up on what to expect based on STEP 2016 by the numbers
92% of users that downloaded the app where engaged, reacting and interacting within the App throughout the event.
2.The Features You Couldn’t Get Enough Of:
The top performing features in the 2-day event were:
- Agenda; is the top used feature with 58,000 views and 9,200 sessions bookmarks.
- Networking; including attendees search and private messages between attendees.
- Social feed and polls
3.Who you absolutely Loved?
The most favorite speakers according to app users are:
- Bassem Youssef; the host of popular TV show AlBernameg
- Ahmed Shahib-Eldin; Correspondent/Producer for VICE
- Elissa Freiha; Director at WOMENA
- Sara Hamdan
- Daniel Brusilovsky; the Digital Initiatives Lead for the Golden State Warriors
- Joy Ajlouny; Co-Founder at Fetchr
- Mudassir Sheikha; CEO of Careem
- Fadi Ghandour; Managing Partner at Wamda Capital
4.The Speeches You Needed More Of:
- The Startups VC Debate was the most popular session; featuring Walid Mansour (MEVP), Amir Faraha (BECO Capital), Khaled Talhoini (WAMDA Capital) representing the VCs and Mudassir Sheikha (Careem), Joy Aljouny (Fetchr) and Loulou Khazen (nabbesh.com) representing the startups.
- E-Commerce Giants In The Making; featuring Souq.com, Fetchr and Namshi discussing the ecommerce landscape in MENA.
- Digital Satire: Inspiring A Generation Of Arab Youth – Featuring Bassem Youssef
5.Network, Network, Network
The new generation’s equivalent to work, work, work. Insights collected show that Networking was all the rage for over 35% of the attendees! Thousands of messages, introductions, meetings requests and contacts were exchanged during the conference.
Who’s going to break records with the STEP 2017 Conference App? Be a part of the excitement and join us at our booth for some inspirations, mingling, music and a little bit of snacking of course 🙂